Hey there! today in this post we are going to talk about weight loss promoting food and fat loss too. Before getting too deep into the weight loss food lets us find the difference between weight loss and fat loss.
When we speak of weight loss then we are concerned with overall loss of body weight. This may include the loss of water weight, the loss of muscle mass, weight loss caused by release of excess gas stored in body and the weight loss caused by fat loss. The reason for weight loss can be both normal and abnormal. In many situations it has been notices a sever weight loss happens when someone is ill.
When we speak about fat loss then we are only concerned about the loss of the body fat. The loss of body fat may be a result of low caloric intake. Intake of weight loss promoting foods and drinks, rigorous workout routine, having high muscle mass.
So by now the difference between weight loss and fat loss is clear. What are the foods which promote fat loss? What happens if I ate those weight loss promoting food but still I’m in caloric surplus?
Top 5 weight loss promoting food.
- Eggs: Eggs have earned a bad reputation all over the world when talked about weight loss. Egg has two parts 1. egg white 2. egg yolk. The egg white is all protein and water. The yolk in this small egg is a miraculous product. The yolk contains cholesterol, cholesterol is the component which helps in the production of male growth hormone testosterone. Yolk also contains is also packed with Vitamin A, B-6, C, D, calcium and magnesium and protein. Protein helps to give the feeling of fullness for long and thus reducing the total caloric intake and promoting weight loss. The best time to have eggs would be early in the morning and after workout to promote weight loss.
- Coffee: You were not expecting it to be here right. Coffee is on of the best food for weight loss. It has caffeine which speeds up your metabolism and helps you to burn few more calories. The best time to have your cup of coffee would be pre-workout and early in the morning. (Note: avoid too much of coffee and avoid using sugar in your coffee)
- Psyllium husk: Psyllium Husk is another great weight loss promoting food. though shouldn’t be consumed directly. Psyllium Husk is rich in soluble fibre this helps in constipation and also helps in getting rid of diarrhea. Put about 15g of psyllium husk in a glass of water and leave it for a while. Drink it before having your meals. (note: it should not be used for more than 1 week in a row)
- Oats: Oats is the go to food when talking about weight loss. It is rich in soluble fibre and is also one of the few complex carbohydrate food. The complex carbs in oats helps to keep us full of long time and reduce the hunger pangs. Boil a cup of milk and add 35g-45g of oats in it, you can add any fruit as your topping. Instead of milk oats can also be soaked in water over night and used in the morning
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is the answer to those people who want to loose weight but still have a sweet tooth. The chemicals present in dark chocolate helps to boost up metabolism thus burning more calories. Dark chocolate also helps in reducing the desire for sweet, salty and fried food. Dark chocolate can be used as evening snack
You can also check my other blogs on weight loss http://ifoodnfitness.com/reduce-belly-fat-and-lose-weight/
https://www.health.com/ is also one of the great site if you want get some weight loss tips