Hey there. In this blog post we will be talking about intermittent fasting. This is not any kind of diet instead it is a lifestyle. Here you fast for 16 hours and have an eating window of 8 hours. To know more about weight loss checkout http://ifoodnfitness.com
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Intermittent fasting is not any kind of diet instead it is a way of living. It is a lifestyle and anyone without any medical condition can use it. When following intermittent fasting you generally fast for 15-16 hours and have an eating window of 8 to 9 hours.
It does not change what you eat instead it changes how and when you eat. During the eating window you can eat your normal food. It tends to reduce your caloric intake by reducing one meal.
It is a great way to lose excess body fat while retaining muscle. While you are allowed to eat whatever you want during the eating window of 8 hours it does not mean you should go for the unhealthy meals. Having proper healthy protein rich meals will help you gain muscle mass while reducing bodyfat percentage.
Why you should follow Intermittent Fasting?
There can be n number of reasons for following intermittent fasting while the primary reason being weight loss. It still remains one of the best ways to lose excess fat while retaining muscle mass. Instead of following some crazy caloric deficit diet just reducing one meal is much much easier.
- It’s simple to follow: In intermittent fasting you do not have to plan your 3 meals, you directly start from having your brunch. It makes your day much simpler, you just need to plan only 2 meals which is much easier than planning 3 meals.
- Weight loss: While intermittent fasting makes your life simpler it is also a great way to reduce unhealthy fat and extra weight. When you fast for 16 hours a day and you just get 8 hours to eat then you consume significantly less calories. Less calories means weight loss.
- Helps cure medical condition: Intermittent fasting can help to reduce the effects of chemotherapy and also reduces the risk of cancer. It was seen the results of chemotherapy was positive in people who fasted before the therapy.
- Can save you money: Believe me intermittent fasting can help you save money. You say how? just think logically, when you eat a less meal then you save the money of that meal.
- Much easier than dieting: Yes, intermittent fasting is much easier than dieting. While dieting it is much difficult to eat less per meal but that s not the case with intermittent fasting. I has been seen intermittent fasting has improved the productivity of people.
Methods of Intermittent Fasting
By now you have got enough reasons to why to follow intermittent fasting, now I’ll give you some options. Options in methods . These options would be different methods of IF.
- Eat stop Eat: In this method you keep a fast for 24 hours straight twice a week. It is quite difficult to follow but super effective.
- The 16:8 method: In this method of you are fasting for 16 hours straight and then you have an eating window of 8 hours. It is the most commonly used method of IF and has done wonders for people.
- The 5:2 Diet: in this method you restrict your caloric intake to 500-600 calories for 2 non-consecutive days of the week. It is the 2nd most followed type of intermittent fasting.
You can choose any of the type of fasting. Any of the method you choose to follow consistency is the key. Now there are some of the safety tips that you should follow.
Safety Tips and Side Effects
Hunger pangs are one of the very few side effects of intermittent fasting.
At times you may feel weak but this will not last forever, Our body takes sometime to adapt to things. The moment your body adapts to this new lifestyle these side effects will be gone.
If you have any medical condition and you’re taking medicines then its better to consult a doctor. To know more about The medical conditions in which you should avoid shifting lifestyle click on the link https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/intermittent-fasting-guide#getting-started
How to get started
Having the knowledge about anything is different than actually implementing it.
By now you have got all the necessary information you need to now about intermittent fasting now its time to know how to get started.
Most probably you have already fasted many times in your life while being unaware about it. The simplest form of fasting to get started with is 16:8. The simplest way to get started with this would be to have your last meal by 8p.m. and have your next meal the next day at 12p.m.
Similarly you can get started with with the eat stop eat and 5:2 method. Decide on which 2 days of the week you’ll keep the 24 hours fast or in case of the 5:2 method you’ll restrict your calories and implement on it.
When following the eat:stop:eat method the simplest way would be to have your dinner and then have your next meal directly on the next day dinner.
If you got the information you were searching for leave down a comment below. If you want personal training, online coaching or Diet plan feel free to DM me on my social media profiles